KORUA'S Lofoten Islands Split-Trip, Norway
KORUA is heading to Norway and you can be part of it! Our KORUA ambassadors and certified guides will take you on a seven day splitboard trip to the Lofoten islands, 68 degrees north inside the Arctic circle.
The primary income for these islands comes from fishery and summer tourism. The winter months are short and dark. When spring arrives, the days are longer, which is perfect for touring and some good ol’ fashion turning. Lofoten offers a one-of-a-kind environment — sharp mountains straight out of the ocean that are waiting for us to ride down to the beach. Join us on this memorable adventure!
During our stay on the Lofoten islands, we will stay in small cabins in Kabelvag, next to the capital of the Lofoten Svolvear. The cabins accommodate up to 4 people, are fully equipped with a kitchen, living room, and sleeping rooms with single beds and a bathroom. At night you can enjoy the sunset from the beach at the fireplace.
- Day 1 (Saturday, April 11): Arriving at Evenes airport and driving to the accommodation
- Day 2: Splitboard tour Torksmannen
- Day 3: Splitboard tour Stortrind
- Day 4: Splitboard tour Rundfjellet
- Day 5: Splitboard tour Kvittind
- Day 6: Splitboard tour Geitgaljetind
- Day 7: Splitboard tour Varden
- Day 8 (Saturday, April 18): Driving back to the airport
Note: The exact order and mountains we hike will depend on weather and snow conditions. Incase of bad weather conditions or a tasty incoming swell, there may be an opportunity to visit the Unstad arctic surf beach as it`s only a 60 min drive from the Lodge. There is a local surfboard and wetsuit rental shop at the beach if you are interested. If we end up surfing, it will be at your own risk as the beach has no lifeguards.
- Riding level: medium – advanced
- Physical condition: medium – advanced (ascend 400 to 1000 vertical meters a day)
- Basic knowledge of splitboard touring
- Coordinate your own travel to and from Evenes airport
- Backpack including beacon, Shovel and probe
- Functional clothing, gloves, beanie, sunglasses, goggles
- Splitboard and skins (if not using a KORUA demo splitboard)
- Crampons and poles
- Ultimate stoke and thick gloves for a lot of high fives!